This is for all my vegan foodies over here! It’s not only for vegans but for everyone who likes a healthy dessert. I only use healthy ingredients and then, secretly, I can eat 2 of these brownies without feeling guilty. :)
My first batch was a little bit dry but for the second batch I used cacao butter and then they turned out very smooth. At the moment, this is my go-to snack!
- 300gr of oatmeal flakes
- 300gr of dates
- 150gr of cashew nuts
- 100gr of coconut powder
- 150gr of cacao butter
- 200ml of maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons of self-rising flour
- Finely chopped hazelnuts
- Parchment/baking paper
1. Take a mixing bowl and add the oatmeal flakes, dates and cashew nuts.
2. Add boiling water to the mixing bowl, make sure all the ingredients are covered in water.
3. Let this soak for at least 2 hours.
4. Preheat your oven on 175°C.
5. Put the ingredients from your mixing bowl in a colander, so you can remove all the excess water.
6. To reduce even more water, you can use a spoon to drain the ingredients even more.
7. Add the ingredients to your blender.
8. Add the coconut powder and the maple syrup.
9. Blend everything together.
10. While your ingredients are blending, place a steel pan on a low fire and add the cacao butter.
11. Let the cacao butter melt.
12. Take a mixing bowl and add your mixture from the blender.
13. Add the cacao powder to your mixture, the sifted flour, the chopped hazelnuts and the melted cacao butter.
14. Take a baking mold and add a piece of parchment/baking paper.
15. Pour the baking mixture in your baking mold on top of the parchment/baking paper.
16. If you like, finish off the baking mixture with some coconut powder.
17. Bake the brownie in your preheated oven for 45 minutes.
18. To see if the brownie is done, you can use a fork to check if it’s thoroughly baked. If not, let it bake for a couple more minutes.
19. Afterwards, remove your baking mold out of the oven and let it cool down on a cooking grid.