This Greek dipping sauce is so fresh and delicious.
I fell in love with this recipe 2 years ago when I went on a vacation to Greece. I visited an authentic Greek restaurant and I didn’t knew tzatziki yet. They gave me a small plate to try it out and of course, for the rest of my stay in Greece I ate tzatziki.
It’s a perfect side dish or with some grilled flat bread.
Serves up to 4 people.
- 500ml of Greek yoghurt
- 1 cucumber
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 table spoons of olive oil
- Fresh dill
1. I am not peeling the cucumber so make sure you wash the cucumber thoroughly.
2. Cut the cucumber in two and remove the seeds with a spoon.
3. Grate the cucumber and put it in a colander. Add some salt and stir thoroughly. The salt will help draining the water from the cucumber.
4. In the meanwhile, press the cloves of garlic and cut the dill very thin.
5. Put the garlic and dill into a mixing bowl and add the Greek yoghurt.
6. If the cucumber is completely drained add it to the mixing bowl.
7. Season to your liking with pepper and salt.
8. Before serving, let it rest in the fridge for about 1 hour for creating the ultimate flavor.