An everyday favorite, simple tomato carpaccio. I top it off with my delicious roasted red bell pepper pesto. Recipe is up on the blog. Love, C
Serves up to two people (as a starter) or one person (main course).
- 1 red onion
- Grey shrimps (handful)
- 4 different colored tomatoes
- Roasted red bell pepper pesto (see recipe)
- Basil leaves
- Curly-leaf parsley (3 branches)
- Olive oil
1. First you cut the tomatoes into thin slices. You can use your mandolin (if you have one). If you use the mandolin you have to use the thinnest option possible. You can also cut the tomatoes by hand.
2. Place the thin slices of tomatoes on your serving plate.
3. Peel the onion and cut it into small rings and place the onion rings (to your liking) on top of the tomatoes.
4. Season with pepper and salt.
5. Add a dash of olive oil on top of the tomatoes.
6. Add the grey shrimps on top of the tomatoes, divide them evenly.
7. Cut the curly-leaf parsley very thin and add it together with the basil leaves on your plate.
8. Finish off the plate with the home made roasted red bell pepper pesto