A couple of weeks ago I made this recipe and I love it, they taste amazing. This can be confirmed by the many people that received them. I name them Stracciatella muffins because there are small piece of chocolate inside and because there is also some vanilla flavour in them, I thought this name was good. Crispy on the outside, smooth and soft on the inside.
For 10 to 12 medium size muffins.
- 300gr of flour
- 150gr of pure dark chocolate
- 55gr of melted butter
- 110gr of sugar
- 16gr of vanilla sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of baking powder
- 250ml of milk
- 120ml of sunflower oil
- 2 eggs
1. Preheat your oven on 200°C.
2. Cut the chocolate into fine pieces, you can have some bigger pieces of
chocolate too. Put this aside.
3. Take a big mixing bowl and add all the ‘dry’ ingredients, meaning: sugar,
vanilla sugar, flour and baking powder. Also add the vanilla extract.
4. Mix everything together with a spatula and make a dimple in the middle.
5. Take another big mixing bowl and add the milk, melted butter, sunflower
oil and eggs. Mix everything together with a whisk.
6. Once everything is mixed together, pour the mixture into the (mixture)
dimple of the ‘dry’ ingredients.
7. Mix everything together with a whisk. Important to not mix everything
together for too long with a whisk. You can mix everything also together
with a spatula.
8. Add the chocolate pieces to the mixture and mix everything together with
9. Take a muffin baking mold. I used a silicone one, I prefer to use this type
of baking mold. If you don’t have a silicone baking mold, you need to
place cupcake papers into the baking molds.
10. Divide the batter of the muffins into the cupcake molds with a spoon or
use a piping bag. When baking muffins, you can fill the baking molds
very rich. I fill them until 0,5cm from the edge.
11. Bake the muffins in the oven for about 20 minutes until they are golden
brown and done.
12. Tip: when you use a silicone baking mold, let the muffins rest in the