SPICED PUMPKIN CAKE, with a white chocolate topping
I am a fan of this spiced and soft cake. I based this recipe on my carrot cake recipe. I changed some of the ingredients and it turned out more than alright. There is an extra crunch to the cake because I added some roasted pumpkinseeds. And the white chocolate topping gives the cake that little extra. I revealed my secret spices in this recipe.
Ingredients for the cake:
- 3 eggs
- 160gr of flour
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
- 1,5 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of cardamom powder
- ½ tablespoon of clove
- 225ml of sunflower oil
- 270gr of cane sugar
- 70gr of chopped pumpkinseeds
- 60gr of almond powder
- 250gr of grated pumpkin
- Baking mold
Ingredients for the topping:
- 150gr of cream cheese
- 100gr of mascarpone
- 120gr of cream
- 200gr of white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons of sumac
1. Preheat your oven on 170°C.
2. Grate the clove very thin.
3. Take a big mixing bowl and add the flour, cinnamon, cardamom powder,
cane sugar and almond powder.
4. Make a dimple in the middle of the mixture.
5. Add the eggs and the sunflower oil in the middle of the dimple.
6. Mix everything together with a whisk.
7. Take a spatula and mix the grated pumpkin and chopped pumpkinseeds
under the mixture.
8. Add the baking powder and mix carefully together.
9. Take a baking mold and grease it with some butter.
10. Add the mixture into the baking mold and place the baking mold in the
oven for 1 hour.
11. In the meanwhile, you can make the topping.
12. Heat a steelpan on a low fire.
13. Add the cream and the white chocolate.
14. Take a mixing bowl and add the cream cheese and mascarpone. Mix this together until you get a smooth mixture.
15. Once the chocolate is fully melted, you add it to the mixing bowl of step
16. Mix everything together until you get a smooth topping.
17. Place the mixing bowl in the fridge.
18. When the pumpkin cake is ready you take it out of the oven and place it
on a grid so it can cool down.
19. Finish off with the white chocolate topping and some sumac.