I love sea food and it’s one of my favorite types of food to make.
It’s a tricky dish because the cooking of the razor shells itself only takes about 3 minutes. If you cook them for too long they will taste horrible. My friend never had razor shells so I had to do my very best. She loved the dish.
Did you ever had razor shells? Can’t wait to try this dish out? All my tips and tricks are up on the blog. Lots of love, C.
Starter for 2 people.
- 30gr of razor shells
- 2 tablespoons of spicy oil
- 2 (big) cloves of garlic
- 2 shallots
- Chopped parsley
- 1 lemon
- 200ml of white wine
- 1 tomato
- Sea salt
1. Place your razor shells in a closed sink with cold water and salt. Rinse the razor shells with running water. Repeat this 3 times. This will make sure no sand is left behind in your razor shells.
2. Place your razor shells in a colander.
3. Chop your shallots and garlic really thin.
4. Chop your tomato in small cubes (remove the seeds).
5. Place a pan on a high fire and add your spicy oil.
6. Once the oil is hot, you add the shallots and the garlic.
7. Once the pan is hot enough, you add the razor shells. Tip: do not lower your fire and don’t stir the pan.
8. Season with pepper and salt.
9. Add the white wine to your razor shells.
10. After 1 minute, lower your fire.
11. Take a deep plate and place your razor shells in them. Pour your sauce on top.
12. Finish off by adding the parsley and the chopped tomato cubes.