So juicy and cheesy. I was in the mood to eat some homemade burgers and I thought why not make them with pumpkin? This was such a good idea (probably wasn’t the first one to try this lol). Fresh minced meat from the butcher, marinated with grated pumpkin and (many) amazing spices. After writing down this recipe I am in the mood to eat them again. They were juicy and healthier than the regular burgers. Try out the recipe that’s up on the blog right now and show me the result! Enjoy your day.
For 4 pumpkin burgers.
- 1 small pumpkin (to your choice)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 small Romain lettuces
- 2 big tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 8 slices of cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 200gr of minced beef
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Homemade pumpkin mayonnaise (see recipe)
- Vegetable oil
1. Peel the pumpkin.
2. Cut the pumpkin in two and remove the seeds.
3. Cut the pumkin into big pieces.
4. Take a grater and grate the pumpkin. Place the grated pumpkin in a
5. Add the minced beef to the mixing bowl.
6. Add the olive oil, cayenne powder, onion powder, garlic powder and salt
and pepper to the mixing bowl.
7. After washing your hands thoroughly, mix everything well together with
8. Afterwards, make 4 balls of the mixture.
9. Place the 4 balls on a cutting board. Press the balls until the meat looks
like a hamburger (flat and round).
10. Take a big pan and place it on a medium-high fire.
11. Add a little bit of vegetable oil to the pan.
12. Preheat your oven on 175°C.
13. Once the oil is heated, place your burgers in the hot pan.
14. Make sure both sides of the burgers have a crispy crust. After this, lower
15. In the meanwhile, cut your tomatoes into thin slices.
16. Peel your onion and cut them into thin rings.
17. When the meat is almost done, you place the buns in the oven for about
4 minutes. This depends on the buns (read the packaging of the buns).
18. When the buns are done, remove them from the oven.
19. Add the homemade pumpkin mayonnaise on the top and the bottom of
20. Add on the bottom side of the bun the Romain lettuce, tomatoes and
21. Add a slice of cheddar cheese on top of the vegetables.
22. On top the cheddar cheese you place the warm pumpkin hamburger.
23. I like to add another slice of cheddar cheese on top of the warm
pumpkin hamburger (optional, if you like cheese as much as I do).
24. Place the top side of the bun on top and enjoy your pumpkin