Nothing as delicious as finding back preserved bell peppers in your homemade salad. This gives a twist to your salad, dish and bell peppers! An easy way to make preserved bell peppers and extremely delicious. You can keep them in the fridge for quite some time. Recipe is up on the blog.
- 6 bell peppers (you can choose which color)
- Branch of thyme
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of fine granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of tarragon vinegar (see recipe)
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven on 220°C.
2. Cut the bell peppers in two and remove the seeds.
3. Take an oven dish and place the bell peppers in the oven dish.
4. Add the unpeeled cloves of garlic to the oven dish.
5. Place the bell peppers in the oven for about 15 minutes (roast them well).
6. Remove the oven dish and place the bell peppers with the garlic in a box and close the lid (Tupperware). Let it rest for about 10 minutes. Because the bell peppers are still hot, the peel will come of easily.
7. Remove the peel from the bell peppers and the garlic.
8. Place the bell peppers and the garlic in a bowl.
9. Add the sugar, olive oil and tarragon vinegar to it.
10. Add the leaves of the thyme to it.
11. Season with a pinch of salt, some pepper and mix everything carefully together.
12. Let it marinate in the fridge for about one hour before serving.