This was on my to-do list for so long. On Instagram I see so much inspiration on a daily basis and it made me hungry to try and make a galette myself. I made one with pear and I added thyme for that extra flavor. Not heavy at all and super delicious if you heat it a little bit. The crust is super crispy thanks to the brown sugar. I will be making this one again very soon! Who wants a bite?
For one pear galette.
- 3 pears
- Branch of thyme
- 1 egg
- 1 piece of puff pastry
- 1 piece of parchment/baking paper
- 60gr of butter
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
1. Place your parchment/baking paper in a round baking mold.
2. Roll out the puff pastry.
3. Make small holes in the puff pastry by using a fork.
4. Place the puff pastry in the baking mold and leave the edges of the puff
pastry hanging over the edge of the baking mold. We will fold this in a
5. Preheat your oven on 200°C.
6. Cut the pears into flat and long parts. I do not peel the pears.
7. Divide the parts of the pears on top of the puff pastry in the baking mold
(see picture). Make sure that you stay 2cm of the sides of the baking mold.
8. Add a pinch of cinnamon and vanilla sugar on top of the pears.
9. Add the brown sugar on top of the pears.
10. Take the thyme and add the leaves in between and on top of the pears.
11. Divide the butter into small parts and place them between the pears.
12. Fold the puff pastry (that’s “hanging” over the sides of the baking mold)
to the inside of the galette, so that the filling is tightly “wrapped
13. Sprinkle brown sugar over the edges of the galette.
14. Bake the pear galette in the oven for 25 minutes.
15. Once the pear galette is ready, you let it cool down in the baking mold.
Don’t get it out of the baking mold just yet because otherwise it will
16. Tip: place the pear galette back in the oven before serving for a couple