This must be one of the Italian classics that I can keep eating over and over again. Not only does my kitchen smell amazing after making this dish but it tastes amazing. The more venus clams the better right? I added some more ingredients to give it that little extra.
Serves up to 2 people.
- 2 small shallots
- 2 gloves of garlic
- 2 red peppers
- 500gr of venus clams
- 300gr of spaghetti
- ½ of flat leaf parsley
- Olive oil
1. Place the clams in a salt water bath, we do this to rinse the clams and so that they won’t contain anymore sand. Repeat this 3 times.
2. After rinsing the clams with salt water, rinse them thoroughly with (non-salted) water.
3. Place the clams aside in a colander.
4. Place a big cooking pot on a high-fire and fill it water and a pinch of salt until you reach boiling point.
5. In the meanwhile, chop up the garlic and shallots.
6. Chop up the flat leaf parsley very thin.
7. Chop up the red peppers. If you don’t like spicy, remove the seeds. Tip: wash your hands after chopping up the peppers and make sure you don’t rub your eyes.
8. Once the water is boiling, add the spaghetti until ready (read packaging).
9. Take a big wok pan and place it on a medium-high-fire. Add a bit of olive oil.
10. Add the red peppers.
11. Afterwards, add the shallots and garlic until they get a glazy look.
12. Add your clams to the wok pan and place a big lid on top of the pan.
13. Let your clams cook for a couple of minutes. They are done when all the clams are open. Make sure you don’t let the clams cook for too long.
14. After draining the pasta, add the pasta to your wok pan.
15. Turn down your fire and season the spaghetti with pepper, to your own flavor.