We all love chicken, don’t we? Delicious and juicy chicken legs pimped with the intense flavour of ginger and lemongrass. I love to make these the day before so they can marinate thoroughly and get that intense flavour! Nice to serve with a salad or just as an appetizer.
- 10 to 12 pieces of chicken legs (you can also take wings, whatever you
- 3 branches of lemongrass
- 50 to 80gr of ginger
- 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons of spicy oil (see recipe)
- 1 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Sesame seeds
- Chili flakes
Note: prepare them in advance because the chicken needs time to marinate.
1. Take a big mixing bowl and add the chicken legs (or wings).
2. Add the spicy oil and sesame oil to the mixing bowl.
3. Peel the ginger and grate it into the mixing bowl.
4. Grate the lemon grass into the mixing bowl.
5. Grate the peel from the lime into the mixing bowl.
6. Pour the juice from the lime into the mixing bowl.
7. Add the brown sugar, pinch of salt and chili flakes into the mixing bowl (if
you don’t like spicy food, don’t add the chili flakes).
8. Wash your hands thoroughly and mix everything together with your
9. Let the chicken legs (or wings) marinate for at least 2 hours. You can even
make them the day before, how longer you marinate them the juicier the
chicken legs (or wings) will be.
10. Once marinated, preheat your oven on 175°C.
11. Take an oven dish and add the marinated chicken legs (or wings). I like
to add the excess lemon grass to the oven dish, to get even more
12. Place the oven dish in the oven for about 45 minutes. After 22 minutes,
turn the chicken legs (or wings) to the other side.
13. After 45 minutes, remove the chicken legs (or wings) from the oven and