GRILLED MARROWBONE WITH TUNA TARTARE AND SPICY DILL DRESSING
Over the moon to share this one. I’m back in my zone and it makes me so happy to experiment with new things and ending up pretty tasty! While writing this recipe down for you guys I’m getting hungry and cravings to make this again! Not going to lie, but pretty far one of the best combinations I made! I had a super fun weekend with my friends and today I feel like hanging out in my comfy clothes and not having a productive day except for making my meal prep for the upcoming week and reading my new favorite book.
- 4 marrowbones
- Fresh tuna (about 150-180gr)
- 2 branches of spring onion
- Fresh dill
- Radish sprouts
- Pearl onions
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- Dried laurel leaves
- Parchment/baking paper
- Dill and mustard vinaigrette (see recipe)
1. Place a big cooking pot on a high-fire and fill it water, a pinch of salt, 2 dried laurel leaves and some peppercorns.
2. Once you have reached boiling point you add the marrowbones. Let them cook for about 25 to 30 minutes (depends on the thickness). You can check this by taking a knife and going into the middle of the marrowbone. Once they are done it should be easier to go through it.
3. Once they are done you remove the water from the cooking pot.
4. Preheat your oven on 175°C.
5. Place a piece of parchment/baking paper on an oven plate and place the marrowbones on it.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Place the marrowbones in the oven for about 15 minutes.
8. In the meanwhile, cut the tuna into small cubes and place it into a small bowl.
9. Add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of sesame oil to the tuna.
10. Place the bowl with tuna in the fridge.
11. Cut the spring onion into small rings and place it into a small bowl.
12. Take the fresh dill and pick the leaves from the branches. Put the leaves of the fresh dill in the small bowl.
13. Once the marrowbones are done you place them on a serving plate. Make sure the soft middle part of the marrowbone is faced upwards.
14. Add your fresh tuna on top.
15. Finish of with the dill and mustard vinaigrette, radish sprouts, pearl onions, dill and spring onion.