Summer is around the corner and the days filled with sunshine are coming. And how good does a fresh homemade lemonade tastes during these sunny days? I made this one with ginger, lemon and chili peppers… Delicious! Enough with those soda’s and unhealthy sugars.
This syrup is a go to and to have at home at all times.
Add a little bit of sparkling water and there you go, your delicious homemade lemonade.
You can also make it with mineral water and then you get an amazing ice tea. I prefer the lemonade! What is your preference?
Ingredients (for one bottle of syrup):
- 1,5l of water
- 800gr of sugar
- 250gr of ginger
- 5 lemons
- 1 chili pepper
1. Boil a pot with water on a high fire and the sugar.
2. Cut the ginger in thin slices.
3. Cut the chili pepper in two and remove the excess seeds.
4. Grate the yellow (the peel) from the lemon and add them to the pot with water.
5. Squeeze the juice from the lemon.
6. Once the water is boiling, add the juice, ginger and chili to it.
7. Lower the fire to a medium-high fire and let everything cook for about 40 minutes.