Guys, these French toasts are no joke!! It’s my morning essential. I don’t make them so often because I always think it will take up too much of my time, but in reality the French toasts are ready in less than 10 minutes.
Amazing to start of my morning like this.
Serves up to 2 people.
- 1 egg
- 250dl of cream
- 250dl of milk
- 15gr of vanilla sugar
- Cinnamon powder
- Big slices bread (2 slices per person)
- 2 tea spoons vanilla sugar
- Icing sugar
- Brown sugar
- Maple syrup
1. Break the eggs into a mixing bowl and add the cream and the milk.
2. Mix everything together with a whisk.
3. Add a teaspoon of vanilla sugar.
4. Add to taste a couple pinches of cinnamon powder.
5. Melt a little bit of butter in a frying pan on a medium-high fire.
6. Soak the bread in the egg mixture and put it in the frying pan.
7. Let the French toast fry gently, until they have a golden brown crust on both sides and the bread crusts are crispy.
8. Wash the blueberries and cut half of them in two.
9. When the French toast is golden brown, sprinkle a bit of dark brown sugar on both sides and let it caramelize for a while.
10. Serve the French toast with the blueberries and raspberries on top. Add some icing sugar, maple syrup and almonds.