Nice and cozy on the couch, fluffy socks on and a delicious warm cup of freshly homemade soup. Love a nice warm cup of soup during this type of weather. Really creamy and in the end, it has this spicy flavor from the curry, but the coconut tones the spiciness down. I wish you guys a lovely afternoon.
- 1 medium-sized butternut pumpkin
- 1 thick leek
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 onions
- 400ml of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 cube of vegetable stock
1. Peel the butternut and remove the seeds.
2. Cut the butternut into big pieces.
3. Peel the onion and cut it into big pieces.
4. Wash the leek and cut it into big pieces.
5. Peel the cloves of garlic and cut it in fine pieces.
6. Take a big cooking pot and heat the coconut oil.
7. Once the coconut oil is hot, you add all the vegetables.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Let the vegetables cook on a low fire.
10. Add water to your cooking pot, your vegetables must be fully covered in
11. Add the curry paste and the cube of vegetable stock.
12. Let the soup cook for about 30 minutes on a medium-high fire. During
this half hour, stir the soup from time to time.
13. After 30 minutes, pour the soup in your mixer or blender and mix
14. Once everything is thoroughly blended, pour the soup back into the
15. Reheat the soup.
16. Once the soup is warm enough lower your fire.
17. Add the coconut milk to the soup and stir everything together.
18. Tip 1: if the soup is too thick, add a little bit more water.
19. Tip 2: I like to serve this soup with some finely chopped parsley or