I truly love asparagus, you too? I find them delicious and you can make so many different recipes with these vegetables. Today I baked them with parmesan cheese. Does this sound delicious to you? It’s perfect as lunch with some French bread. Love, C.
Serves up to 2 people.
- 1kg of white asparagus
- Balsamic crème
- 100gr of grated parmesan
- 150gr of butter
1. Peel the asparagus. Tip: hold every asparagus at the tip and peel from the top to the bottom. Don’t push too hard because this will break the asparagus. After peeling them, break the bottom from the asparagus. While breaking them you will see if you peeled them thoroughly.
2. Take a big cooking pot and add cold water to it, the asparagus and a pinch of salt.
3. Place the pot on a high fire.
4. Once the water is boiling, leave it on the fire for about 2 minutes.
5. After 2 minutes remove the cooking pot from the fire.
6. Let the asparagus rest in the boiling water for another 5 minutes. Tip: take a fork and pierce the asparagus to see if they are cooked thoroughly. If necessary let them rest for a longer period in the boiling water. It depends on the size of the asparagus.
7. Take a colander and place the cooked asparagus in it.
8. Take a big pan and it on a high fire. Add a little bit of butter.
9. Once the butter is melted and your pan is hot enough you can add the asparagus.
10. Add another piece of butter and season your asparagus with pepper and salt.
11. Once your asparagus are cooked on each side, you lower your fire and add another piece of butter.
12. Once the butter is melted you turn down your fire.
13. Place your asparagus on a plate and add the grated parmesan on top.
14. Pour the excess butter on top of the grated parmesan and finish off with balsamic crème.