This is one of my recipes that I know by heart. I guess everyone must know how to make a perfect classic apple pie right? If not, here it is!
Believe me, for this recipe you don’t need any real baking skills. With this cold weather, I love to heat it up again so I can eat it medium-hot. Looking for something extra? Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy one of my easiest recipes. Love Cece
- 6 green apples
- 2 eggs
- 1 big puff pastry
- 180gr of sugar
- 200gr of butter
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Parchment / baking paper
1. Preheat your oven on 175°C.
2. Cut your apple in 4 pieces.
3. Remove the core from the apple.
4. Cut the apple into thin slices.
5. Repeat this for all the apples.
6. Take a baking mold (I use a flat one).
7. Lay on the bottom of the baking mold a piece of parchment / baking
paper. This to prevent the puff pastry from sticking to the baking mold.
8. Roll out your puff pastry inside the baking mold and roll up the sides
inwards so you create a thicker edge.
9. Press holes in the puff pastry by using a fork.
10. We want to create a flower-shape. Place the apple slices flat on the
bottom of the puff pastry. Place an apple slice in the middle of the other
apple slice to create a flower-shape.
11. For the batter we take a steel pan and place it on a low fire.
12. Add the butter and let it melt.
13. Take a mixing bowl and add the 2 eggs.
14. Mix these 2 eggs together for about 5 minutes.
15. Add the melted butter to your mixing bowl and mix everything
16. Add the cinnamon, flour and milk to your mixing bowl and mix
everything thoroughly together.
17. Pour the batter on top of your apple slices (baking mold). Make sure all
the apple slices are fully covered with batter.
18. Let the pie bake in the oven for about 45 minutes.
19. After 45 minutes remove the pie from the oven and let it cool down.
Once it is cooled down you can remove your pie from the baking mold.